Copyright Notice.

I assert my rights as the creator of the Art featured on this blog and cordially advise you that my work and any images portraying my work is copyright ©.


Thursday 21 February 2013

Halfway There? Or Not . . .

You know that feeling when you think you're half way to somewhere (or something) and you realise that really you've only just started? That's me today.

I'm working on a large canvas and it's taken a few days to put the background mountain range in and I thought last night "great, I can move onto putting the trees in." But this morning with fresh eyes and thoughts of moving on in my mind, I look and see things that still need doing to the mountains. Not big things just a few tweaks, a five minute job that will take two to three hours to do.

This also means I'm re-thinking the tree line slightly as I've spotted in my minds eye some detail at the tree, mountain interface area that will help profile some figures in the near foreground.

The picture in my imagination is still sharp and clear and I'm looking forward to working on the figures and horses in the foreground. Although that is farther away than I thought last night.

The most important thing I've learnt about creating my paintings is also true in life; keep focused on your end goal but remain flexible in your approach to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment